Terms and Conditions of Business
1. You confirm that you have the authority to arrange the funeral for the deceased and that you have the overall responsibility for the cost of the funeral account.
Confirmation of responsibility is the signing of any paperwork related to the funeral.
2. If the account is to be settled by solicitor’s, you will inform Wilkinson Bros Ltd of this upon placing the Funeral Order, giving the name and address of said solicitor.
3. If the account is not settled within 3 months from date of invoice by the solicitor,
Wilkinson Bros Ltd reserve the right to charge interest on the total amount outstanding at 5% per month.
4. Wilkinson Bros Ltd will raise an invoice within two weeks of the Funeral service taking place, we require payment within three weeks of the date on the invoice
unless a payment term has been agreed in writing and signed by yourself and
Wilkinson Bros Ltd.
5. You have the right to cancel within 14 days of this contract being signed.
6. You give permission for Wilkinson Bros Ltd to make arrangements within the
cancellation period and any costs incurred are your responsibility if you decide to
commence your right to cancel.
7. You agree that Wilkinson Bros Ltd are not responsible for third party suppliers, this
Includes but does not exhaust the following; Churches, Crematoriums, Cemeteries, Grave Diggers, Vicars, Independent Funeral Celebrants. Wilkinson Bros Ltd will
liaise with these parties to organise funeral arrangements on your behalf and make
payment to them but are not liable for the service they provide as this is outside of
Wilkinson Bros Ltd control.
8.You give permission to Wilkinson Bros Ltd to share your personal details with anybody directly connected to carrying out the funeral service so that the said funeral can be arranged in line with the general data protection regulations.
9. If you feel you have reason to raise a complaint, you agree to do so within 7 days of the cause of your complaint. You agree to follow Wilkinson Bros Ltd complaints
procedure which can be requested at any time.
10. You agree to abide by all Wilkinson Bros Ltd terms and conditions which are available on request in paper format, or can be viewed in our office setting or by visiting www.wilkinsonbros.co.uk.
*terms and conditions were updated and are correct as of 12th September 2022